Image Map

Monday 2 September 2013

Online vs On-foot

Hello there!

Today has turned my world upside down and everything I thought I felt about 'online vs on-foot' shopping has gone out of the window and I'm just not sure about anything anymore!

Due to being lazy/busy (slightly less of the latter) it takes a very rare and special mood for me to thoroughly enjoy clothes shopping (Take me drugstore shopping, however, and I am like a sugar addict in a sweet shop!). When it's all neat and tidy and out in front of my like a pop up catalogue, I love it, but when you're picking through untidy rails trying to find the bargains, I get fed up.... QUICKLY.
Today was a day when I thought my mood was spot on, and I was ready to take on the world, so with little Lexie in tow, and the promise of a new notepad so that she could 'write a diary about starting her new school on Wednesday', I thought it was going to be a breeze. After all, all I really needed was a dress and a birthday dinner appropriate outfit- not too much to ask for, surely?

After mooching around the usual Topshop, River Island, Dorothy Perkins, Next, etc. I was feeling wholly underwhelmed and had very few purchases under my belt and no idea what I really wanted.
3 hours and one Nandos later I admitted defeat and had managed to pick up a few basic bits post-food which I was pleased with. 8 year old fed up syndrome was kicking in and so I hadn't tried anything on but had full faith in myself and was feeling good. Student discounts here and sale items there. GREAT!

WRONG

Got home and at least half of the stuff I had bought didn't fit properly, so I opted to go online and re-order everything to be delivered to their respective stores in bigger/smaller sizes so I could go in and make exchanges later in the week.... I did, however, manage to prepare myself for winter with a super duper 'Mohair Bobble Hat' from New Look for £4.99 - WINNING




So now I'm just not sure how I feel..

Do we love online for it's ease and simplicity and lack of untidy racks, or do we love a mooch in the shop?

With Love,
Zoe x



Let's keep up and chat | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' |


No comments:

Post a Comment