Image Map

Thursday 27 March 2014

Maths, coffee, repeat.

Hello! 

I know, I know, I slacked, I'm bad, but life is currently a monotonous cycle of revision, Gossip Girl (oops!) and early nights.... Not the exciting life I wish to lead, but short term pain, long term gain, and all that! Now that summer seems to be creeping in, I'm finding it more and more difficult to glue myself to that seat in the beautifully airconned silent section of the library, and away from the sunshine joy and often find myself walking into the library with my soul pulling this face... 



OTT I know but I just love the sun!

Anyhoo, as a finalist (so scary), I have finally come to realise that I have few words of wisdom for all of you in a similar predicament to myself, struggling to motivate yourselves.
1. Tea/ coffee are your friends. Obviously not in huge amounts, but I have found a cup of tea in the early afternoon is really kick starting my work after lunch.
2. Get up and take 5 if nothing is going in. Arguably the most important thing I have learned in the last month. I'm a maths student and sometimes no matter how hard I try, my brain simply cannot find the answer. But after looking away for 5 minutes, getting up, and coming back to it, I can usually fix the problem pretty quickly.
3. Take that time off work. I can be a workaholic. I like working and I like earning money. I pained me to take 8 weeks off work to study and take my exams but I know the month or two of taking extra financial care will be worth it... Don't be scared to do the same too!
4. Early nights are for cool kids. I've always been known as the Grandma of the house, I'm not ashamed, but it's hugely paying off when it's come to studying. Be cool, be in bed early!
5. Classical music is underrated. YouTube has all sorts of lengthy classical and soothing playlists. I recommend them for and kind of revision, then you're not tempted to sing along!


What other tips and tricks do you guys have up your sleeves??

With Love,
Zoe 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment